Monday, June 14, 2010

The 4 Levels of Wealth

I started to thinking about getting rich is when I was 13 years old. I swear I knows nothing about life when I was in my primary schools. Everything was so nice and easy till I don't remember having any hard time. Then I get into one unique boarding school called SM Sultan Abdul Halim. The reasons my secondary school is so unique for me is due to its structures and landscapes.

I never found any school that is so different structurally(is this word exist?). There is mosque inside the school. There is big eye at the entrance. There is a medium-sized pond besides the eyes with a cute cottage-like structure. The building have numerous holes which I try to total up the sum of the holes but I forgot the numbers. The mosque shape is like a semi-cylinder coffin. There are three blocks for the male students to stay which from the top, its look like the tip of the satanic spears (the one like at MU's logo). I think if I study the whole structures of Jenan(this is the other name for my school), I can create a very mystical stories and relate it with the buildings. One more thing, there also a huge keris(Malay tradisional small sword) besides the hall(the hall's wall have a colorful geometric pattern). To make long story short, you better come to my school to experience it yourself.

We back to our business which is my personal money. When I'm in form 1 (13 years old), I really sure that I wanted to be rich so badly. Twice every month, my mom will come to visit me and give me RM50. My dad is so busy with his job that I don't think he got time for me. But I'm consider to be so lucky because most of my friends, their parents never come (because their home is very far). For a kids like me at that time, I always wondering how I'm going to pay back all the good deeds that my parents gave to me especially my mom. When I'm going to be independent? 13 years is a damn long period of time. And guess what, she keeps giving me pocket money till I'm 17. My father also do the same sometimes.

So, every night I keep on thinking about money. How to get it, how to make it more and how to protect it. That's when I develop this reading habits. I love to read books about money and self-improvement since I'm 13. I promise to myself to be rich and I want to give my parents the gift that no child can give. I want to bring my parents to Hajj and enjoy eating as much pistachios as we want, I want to bring them to Paris and let both of my parents fall in love for the second time, I want to bring my parents to Antarctic and make friends with the cute penguins and I want them to be the happiest parents in the world. How to do that? By becoming rich and wealthy.

Then I ask myself, what is rich? Do you know what is rich? In order to be rich, we all must have the clear understanding of wealth. Once we understand, then we can put our actions, ideas and time in order to be rich. According to one of my master(Adam Khoo), there are 4 levels of wealth.

Level number one is Financial Stability. The requirement to become Financial Stability is when you have accumulate liquid assets (like cash in hand or saving account) that enough for you to sustain your basic expenses for 6 months. This also include that you already have the required insurance if you have family in case something happen to you. For example if every month you need RM500 in order to have a very simple life(this example is just practical for students like me), that's mean you must have at least RM3000 in your saving account. If yes, you already achieve Financial Stability. Congratulation! So, now we need to move to the next level.

The second level of wealth is Financial Security. You have achieve Financial Security when you have a passive income that is equal to your expenses. Passive income means the side income that you get by very little involvement. It can be your online businesses, properties rental, multi level marketing, books royalties or many more. For example, if you have an online business, and your business can provide you with monthly net profits of RM500, you are already consider to achieve Financial Security. Our life just secure, but we need more than secure, right? We need more! (Just like Chipsmore) So,that's bring us to the next level.

This third level is what we call as Financial Freedom. This is what most people talk about. The benchmark to this level is when you already have enough passive incomes that enable you to live in a current lifestyle. You may need RM3000 in order to wear the branded shirt and jeans, driving your dreams car (Kancil is my dream's car as a student) and bring your girlfriends to shopping. That's means, if you stop working now, nothing happens to you. You can continue living your current lifestyle with your girlfriend(don't plan to have another one) because your passive income is working for you.

And lastly which is the ultimate level of wealth, is what we call as Financial Abundance. This is my ultimate dreams. In order to be in this level, you must have a lot of passive incomes which enough for you to life your life according to your fantasy. This is when the dreams come true. This is where the millionaires and billionaires are. In their life, they always busy with their vacation's planning and thinking what cars they want to drive for next month. Magically, most of them are still doing their work. Why? Because they love what they are doing and they keep on doing it even they already achieve Financial Abundance. To be clear, we must have an example. If you want to travel around the world every month, and you need at most RM20,000 for that, you must make sure that at least your monthly passive income is roughly around RM50,000 in order to cope with your imagination's lifestyle.

So, from this moment. If people ask you whether you want to be rich or not, you tell them that you want to be financial abundance. And, if they don't know what is financial abundance, tell them to read my blog. I'm just kidding, you teach them what that means. Cool?

p/s- Most people nowadays live like they are in Financial Abundance, but in reality they are not even in Financial Stability. This explain why they are always broke and they will broke till death.

No comments: